Donnerstag, 25. März 2010

Well-trained.

You think you can see me, but you're wrong. I am not really here anymore. That body? I don't know. I don't care. No matter how hard you try to make me stay, remain, BE HERE, you will fail. All your stories, your "this is how it should be"s, your expectations - you know what? Shove them. Yes, exactly. That dark place.

For years, I thought that my situation was not so bad. I don't have any scars, am not disfigured, so I must be fine, no? I believed so myself. Really. I completely ignored the way I hunch in on myself... the way I wince at unexpected sounds... the way I try to be nice and smile and do everything it is supposed to be done.

There's a word for this - well-trained. Yes, be a good dog. Earn your cookie.

As I said, shove it. It's spring time, and the flowers are appearing everywhere as if by magic, and it's time for me to leave.

Towards the sun.

Towards something beautiful.

Kommentare:

slommler hat gesagt…

Yes! Time to live!! Set yourself free...love this!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Sam hat gesagt…

Great story! Can really feel the power behind the words. Excellent!

Laurita hat gesagt…

No cookie for you, but that's ok. You've got the sun. Powerful little piece.

mazzz in Leeds hat gesagt…

I predict a successful escape for this character - strong piece.

Marisa Birns hat gesagt…

Always feels good when the butterfly leaves the chrysalis.

Strong voice here. Strong action taken.

peggy hat gesagt…

"wince at unexpected sounds" and doing everything the way it's supposed to be done...
Wonderful that this abused person found a strong voice and became self-aware enough to really see spring.

You captured that defining moment when an abused women realizes she won't fall into the trap again.

ganymeder hat gesagt…

Woot! You go, girl! Nice writing.

John Wiswell hat gesagt…

But if I can't see the real you and I go shoving all those stories away, what if I accidentally shove them into you? Promise not to take it personally if I deflower your invisible self with all the fictions I'm trying to stow?

gmotley hat gesagt…

This is lovely. Very powerful.

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

So much feeling... I like how you can do that so well, let people "have it" through your words. I don't care who reads this, they will feel what the character is feeling. Well done!

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

BTW, would you please email me at magalyguerrero dot live dot com?