Freitag, 20. August 2010

Blown away

Ye know, it's a bad thing, what happened to my brothers. But, ye know, I told them. "You have to have strong defenses. None of that hoola straw walls. Whatcha gonna do, dance with it?" They laughed at me, but I knew they were in for some trouble. Of course, they were ready for business much faster than I was, their places more exotic and outstanding, but then, what good did it do them?

Meanwhile I was busy minding my own business. Carrying bricks, finding the best roof tiles, mixing mortar. You have to do the things you have to do, right? The hoola hut was destroyed, the other one as well, and my brothers disappeared. I mourned, and I kept on working. There were many things to be done before Big Bad found me.

"Hey, Fatty, get out of there!"

"Get lost!" I shouted, safe behind my brick walls. My fingers kept fiddling with the wires.

"Save us the trouble, we know how it's gonna end!"

"Really?" If he thought I had learned nothing from my brothers' fate, he was in for a surprise. Quietly, I snuck out the back door. My heart was racing. What if he had someone waiting for me?

Ye know, only one way to find out.

... The back alley was empty. I left out a breath I hadn't known I was holding. It was a windy day, and the smells of building rode on the air. I had chosen this place carefully. Not too far away from the city, but not too close to my neighbors, either. Made the kind of business I was going for much easier to run. Ye know, I'm planning on meddling with meat. Girl meat. Eldest profession, never let a man down who was depending on it. But first I had to get rid of Big Bad. Nasty bully he was, always trying to press his share from other people's work.

"Whatcha trying to do, buddy, eh?" I shouted as loud as I could, trying to make him believe I was still inside. Then I ran, and as soon as I thought I was safe, I pressed the button.

The explosion happened as neat as a hollywood movie. A hairy paw was all that was left of Big Bad. The police never thought to check into the matter. Some folks are better left to themselves.

You didn't think I would let him blow away my hut?

Kommentare:

nettiethomson.com hat gesagt…

Nice twist on the Three Little Pigs! Who'd have thought that Porky was a pimp...? LOL
Nx

Sulci Collective hat gesagt…

Blew me away! Girl meat, ha!

Marc Nash

slommler hat gesagt…

Ha!! Nice turn of events!! Loved it!
Hugs
SueAnn

Bunny hat gesagt…

HA - so much better than the original!

Judy hat gesagt…

Nothing like blowing it up yourself so that someone else can't...teehee...

Dave Bartlett hat gesagt…

Loved it; I'm very fond of fairy tales, twisted and retold.

I have 'alternate' versions of Jack & the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood and The Billy Goats Gruff over on my own blog. Check them out some time.

Bukowski's Basement hat gesagt…

Love alternate take on fairy tales and this one was a sure-fire winner... Inventive, indeed.

T. Anne hat gesagt…

Too funny! Love the twist.