Freitag, 6. August 2010

Starved

The shower is too hot, as always. Ancient plumbing, probably from the old Egypts. The bathroom is tiny. And there are huge mountains of dirty laundry. Where the heck do they come from? I think I may have a laundry infestation. Hopefully the bug busters have something for that.

I should take them all outside and burn them. There's lots of things I'd like to burn right now.

See? I am a good girl. I could protect the environment by not doing laundry, save energy by warming myself at the laundry campfire (and oh the fumes!) and support economy by buying new clothes every week.

Water still too hot. I play with the faucets and step into the now ice cold shower. Gasp. Not much of an improvement. My nipples jump to attention. I hope they are enjoying themselves. Either lobster or ice statue. Great. I hurry to get the dirt off of me. It was a crappy day. Problems at the office, and as usual it wasn't the clients' fault. It never is, did you know that? I had to cancel the doctor's appointment to still get everything ready in time. And it would be so good to get a definite answer. I need to plan ahead, either for me - or for us.

My eyes catch a spider in the upper corner of the bathroom, right over the sink. She is sitting in her net, really still, surrounded by tiny black dots. I wonder if its her offspring or food, stashed away for worse days. Well, in the end it's probably the same.

Kommentare:

dijeratic hat gesagt…

This has such elegance to it - the simple exhaustions of the every day, the determination to just get on with it - I loved the last line, you captured your ideas perfectly here.

Sulci Collective hat gesagt…

Loved the "lobster or ice statue" line. Conveys that sometimes just getting through the mundane tasks of the day can be uber challenging.

Marc Nash

brainhaze hat gesagt…

Sounds like one of my mornings - great style of words you use. Great stuff

Eric J. Krause hat gesagt…

Good story! Had a very poetic ring to it.

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

I like how you never disappoint me when it comes to finding ambiguity and darkness in your writing. Ah, a mother spider that might eat its babies; creepy indeed!