Donnerstag, 25. November 2010

Tessa

Tessa looks at me with her green eyes and waits for an answer. We have been best friends for as long as I can remember. Since my family moved from the country to the big city, where I knew no one and didn't have anyone to play.

I sigh. "Yes, I know. Happy?"

The doorbell saves her. Relieved, I answer the door. Peter is outside, with the guys and some chicks I don't know. They're carrying popcorn, pizza, beer and sodas. My part was renting the movies and making soup, and Tessa helped. She's a kitchen goddess.

This is what the Romans must have felt like when the barbarians were at their gates. My tiny, germ-free flat has never seen so many people at once. I usher them inside, feeling slightly embarassed at the lack of life. Peter gives me a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. He knows I'm not comfortable displaying affection in public. My knight in shining armor, respecting my every wish.

Standing close to him, I rather feel than see his gaze wander down the hallway, where he meets Tessa's shamrock stare. "Hello there, who are you?"

She won't talk to him. Of course not.

"That's Tessa", I explain, reluctantly. "She's a product of my imagination. Shall we get the movie started?"

Kommentare:

Alexander Erben hat gesagt…

I don't know why, but somehow this feels wonderful...maybe it's about someone else being able to see things that maybe you thought only you could - without any suggestion beforehand...

Rayna M. Iyer hat gesagt…

This is a wonderful story. He must be the one for her if he can see Tessa.

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

I've said about a gazillion times, but I'll say it again: you remind me of Poe. There is something about your minimalistic, but very telling, style that I which I could imitate successfully. I get lost in descriptions sometimes.

Diandra hat gesagt…

@Magaly: My beta-readers constantly remind me to put in more descriptions. ^^