Freitag, 10. Dezember 2010

Dark

Everything is dark around me, and although I know there should be light somewhere, I fail to see it. I feel my way using hands and feet, slowly, and I don't even know where I am going. Is this the path I set out to travel? Or have I gotten lost? Maybe I was abducted and left here, part of a strange hunt, mocking the struggle of life? The journey appeared to be easy, in the beginning, before the twists and turns and dead ends.

I imagine wild beasts lurking in the dark that is my everyday life, and try not to run. Running when you can't see where you are going is probably a bad idea. Still, there is no light.

If there were trees, they would be closing in on me now.

Kommentare:

Anneke hat gesagt…

Scary! Makes me think too, do we really know where we are going...

Rachel Blackbirdsong hat gesagt…

That is a perfectly succinct story. Great mood and feel through. Love the last line.

slommler hat gesagt…

Oh dear! I feel claustrophobic!! Ack!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Rebecca Emin hat gesagt…

Very creepy! Well done.

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

Scary. The thought of feeling around in the dark in a place I don't know creeps me out. I would probably poke at things with my knife ;-)