Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2011

Jack

The bones scare me.

(Which bones? Whose? And where?)

It's dark. I don't see anything but bones. Dreadful smell. Something's moving. Not enough light for details, still glinting off the bones.

Surely they aren't moving without help. Rats, maybe?

I don't know who I am or where I came from, but I know rats. Not in pictures or words, only fear pulsing through my brain.

The rats are an illusion, as are the bones. Whole worlds made up in this narrow space. Something pushes me, and I jump, followed by music and laughter.

"Oh, look! A Jack in the Box!"

Kommentare:

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

Bring on the deathly insanity. I like the fragmented style. I kept me guessing, and at the end, it made jump.

Diandra hat gesagt…

As kids, we had a Jack in the Box, and I would keep him out (of the box) almost all the time because I felt sorry for him. ^^

GK Terence hat gesagt…

Poor Jack... to exist and suffer in such a place, only to come out and be screamed or laughed at. Terrible and scary.

Mary Vaughn hat gesagt…

So clever! Had me hooked.