Sonntag, 8. Mai 2011

No way out

That hadn't gone as planned. Bummer. You leave them alone for a few thousand years, only checking in occasionally, and that's what they do? Less than satisfactory.

The cosmic phone rings. Small talk ensues. And then, of course... "Have you seen what they did to earth?"

"Yeah..." The mind screams, TRY TO CHANGE THE TOPIC! But the moment it takes the mind to scream this is the moment that makes it too late.

"Do you remember I told you this would happen? You do remember, I know it. Putting free will in people, who would come up with such a stupid idea?"

"It was idealistic!"

"Stupid, idealistic, same to me! The point is, I told you it would happen. When will you ever learn to listen to me?"

Surrender is the only way out. "I am sorry, you were right. Oh, and - Happy Mother's Day!"

A smile at the other end of the line. "Thank you, Darling."

Some things, not even the Gods can escape.

Kommentare:

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

I knew it! He was just hiding her, but there she is telling how dumb some of his deeds are. I love the grand colloquialism of this story—great diction.

Judy hat gesagt…

Mothers are like that...