Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2011

Silence

[A few days ago I sat at my desk in the early morning and, instead of writing the story I was supposed to write, came up with this drabble. I thought some of you might appreciate it, and for the others... well, reading one hundred words doesn't take up much of your time. I hope you enjoy it!]

From up here, everything looks normal. There is no sign of existence or disappearance of our fellow humans. But communication has been dead for days. Maybe it is just a technical glitch. But the news, last bits we heard… unexplained deaths in Africa, Asia, then Europe. US government trying desperately to keep the threat on the other side of the ocean, without success. Maybe it arrived via Mexico, along with housekeepers and construction workers without papers. The disease spread. People died. From space, everything seems pretty normal. Except for the silence. I look at the stars, distant and indifferent. Beautiful.

Kommentare:

Magaly Guerrero hat gesagt…

Mm, it sounds like a journal entry from a character who has a very interesting story to tell.

WhisperingWriter hat gesagt…

I like this!

Diandra hat gesagt…

Thank you!

Judy hat gesagt…

If you could watch from above and not be affected, everything would look different...